Sunday, October 17, 2010

PE3

So often now teachers assign movie projects for different assignments in almost every subject and in my observations all the videos are starting to look alike. The student's also notice this as they get bored with doing the same thing using iMovie and most of them by now are so proficient in iMovie that they get bored with the projects or dislike them because they have done it before. So I thought it might be fun to try some After Effects with them to get them dabbling into something a little more powerful and different from what they are used to. This third example is a title sequence created in After Effects using a particle world effect and a camera to make the text appear to be in 3D space. I had the students create a title sequence for an introduction to any video that they do. They were excited about this, so here is a short video of what it looks like in After Effects and me putting it together.

1 comment:

  1. That's sweet. I'm going to have to check that out. I've always been intimidated by 3D renders but now is the time to get dirty.

    ReplyDelete