Sunday, April 17, 2011

Week 3 Blog 4 Wimba



This weeks Wimba forced me to think for the first time past Month 12. Before tonight I was looking forward to graduation and the end of the program, I was counting down the days till I could have some free nights and no worries. Now I am thinking about what did this all mean? where do I go from here and what will I do with all of this "stuff" in my head? At first this caused a peak in my anxiety that it will never end, but I then realized that all of this "stuff" will make me want to do more for my job and for others that I come into contact with. I was excited to think about how I might be able to make some serious changes in my school and in my career with the results and ideas that I now have from all of this "stuff".

With the thought of publishing my work or allowing others to post a presentation that I make on my findings and what I have learned as a result of research and experiences I get excited for what is to come. I get excited now to possibly expand my work and try out other methods on my co-workers and experiment with different types of programs to help teachers become better at what they do using technology.

I am still looking forward to free nights and no deadlines for assignments, but after tonight I am also looking forward to further pursuing my work and seeing what else I can do.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with your thought on what to do with the stuff in my head. My biggest fear is loosing some of the skills or information learned this past year before I can use it in my own classroom when or if I get one. If I do not end up teaching, how am I going to translate the information into another profession? I have always been creative and adaptable, so when the opportunity presents itself I am sure everything will come together. In the meantime I will try not to freak out over the details and come up with a way to work some of the programs into my "normal" life that can then be used as supplements to my resume. I will also be enjoying the homework free nights in one month and one week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is all a little nerve wrecking knowing we are almost free of assignments. I also wonder what I will do with all the extra time. So, I registered for my National Board Certification. I guess I was continuing my possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scott,

    I too have been counting the days down when I am not chained to the computer frantically trying to post assignments. This month has been a great time of reflection. A reflection of the hard work that has evolved into priceless rhythm of an energized teacher. Our students (in my case young teachers) will benefit from what we have gained.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Onward and upward, my friend.

    ReplyDelete